• 6 med. fresh asparagus spears, trimmed & cut into 1” pieces
• 3/4 lb. cod, haddock or orange roughy fillets
• 1/3 cup chopped onion
• 2 Tbsp. butter, divided
• 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
• 1/8 tsp. salt
• Dash pepper
• 3/4 cup 2% milk
• 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 1/4 cup crushed saltines (about 7 crackers)
• 1/8 tsp. dried parsley flakes
Place asparagus in small saucepan; cover with water.
Bring to boil; cook for 1-2 min. Drain; place in 1 qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with fish; set aside.
In small saucepan, sauté onion in 1 Tbsp. butter until tender.
Stir in flour, salt & pepper until blended.
Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to boil; cook & stir for 1-2 min. or until thickened.
Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Pour over fish.
Melt remaining butter; stir in crackers & parsley. Sprinkle over cheese sauce.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 min. or until crumbs are golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork.