• 3 1/2 C. chicken stock
• 1/4 C. olive oil, divided
• 1/4 C. unsalted butter, divided
• 1/2 lb. asparagus, cut into 1” pieces on the bias
• 1/3 lb. morel mushrooms, halved
• 1 shallot, minced
• 1 C. Arborio rice
• 1/4 C. dry white wine
• 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
• 1/3 C. freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
• 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
• salt & ground black pepper
• 1 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Place chicken stock in small saucepan over med. heat; bring to simmer.
Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil & 1 Tbsp. butter in large saucepan over med-high heat until butter starts to bubble.
Add asparagus & morel mushrooms; saute until tender, 4 min. Transfer to plate with juices.
Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil & 1 Tbsp. butter in same saucepan. Add shallot; cook & stir until softened, 1 min.
Stir in arborio rice; cook until it starts to toast, 1 min.
Pour in wine; cook until evaporated. Stir in thyme.
Pour 1/4 C. of stock over rice. Cook, stirring constantly, until absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock until rice is tender yet firm to bite, 12 min.
Stir in asparagus & mushrooms with juices; continue until flavors combine, 3 min.
Remove rice from heat.
Stir in remaining 2 Tbsp. butter, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, & parsley. Season with salt pepper.
Garnish with balsamic vinegar and olive oil before serving.