• 8 oz. (1/2 lb) walleye, cooked
• 11⁄2 C. mayonnaise
• 4 eggs
• 1 C. cooked wild rice
• 1/2 C. shredded Parmesan (or substitute your favorite cheese)
• 4 green onions, chopped, or 1/4 C. chopped yellow onion
• 1 tsp. garlic powder, or 1 clove fresh garlic
• 1 pkg. saltine crackers
• 2 tsp. seasonings (salt, pepper, herbs)
• 2 tbsp. oil or butter
Blue Cheese Aioli:
• 1/2 C. mayonnaise
• 1 tsp. garlic powder or 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
• 1 oz. crumbled blue cheese
Mix well. (Substitute: blue cheese salad dressing)
Cook the walleye in simmering water until flesh is firm, about 5 minutes, then cool.
In a large bowl combine the walleye (flaked), mayonnaise, rice, chopped onion, garlic, and cheese. Add eggs and mix with a fork.
Add the seasoning. Crush saltines and fold into batter until mixture is firm enough to form into cakes.
Heat oil or butter in skillet over medium-high heat, form mix into small (2 to 4 oz.) cakes and cook approximately 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Serve with blue cheese aioli.