• 2–3 skinless goose breast fillets, cut into 1” pieces
• 1/4 lb. smoked bacon, diced
• 1 C. canned diced tomato, drained
• 1 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1/4 yellow onion, minced
• 2 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish
• 1 egg
• 1/2 C. Italian breadcrumbs
• 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 tsp. kosher salt (or 1/3 tsp. table salt)
• sliced cheese
• 4 burger buns
• sliced tomato
• sliced onion
Place the goose breast pieces in a food processor. Pulse a few times until the meat is thoroughly ground.
In a large bowl, combine the ground goose with the next six ingredients and mix well. Add breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper, and mix until firm enough to hold together in patties. Form into three 3/4”thick patties.
Place on med-hot grill or in hot skillet; brown evenly on both sides to desired doneness, about 4 min. per side. Place cheese on top until melted. Serve in burger buns with lettuce, tomato, onion & choice of condiments.