• 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
• 2 medium onions, chopped
• 2 celery stalks, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, peeled & minced
• 2 lb. wild hog meat, cubed
• salt and pepper
• 1 C. dry wine, red or white
• 1 (28 oz.) can tomatoes, diced
• 1 tsp. dried oregano
• 1 tsp. rosemary, chopped
• 2 bay leaves
• zest of 1 large lemon
• 1 large garlic clove, peeled
• 3 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
In heavy frying pan, heat oil; brown meat on all sides.
Add meat to 6 qt. slow cooker,
Add celery, onions, & garlic to frying pan; lightly brown.
Place vegetables in slow cooker along with meat.
Deglaze frying pan by pouring in wine; over high heat use a wooden spoon to scrape up all browned bits.
Add tomatoes, oregano, rosemary, & bay leaves to frying pan; bring to a boil.
Add salt & pepper.
Pour sauce over meat & vegetables; set on low for 8 hr.
Just before serving, finely mince together topping ingredients.
Serve on polenta, or in bowls with gremolata on top.