• 1 small onion, sliced thinly from root to tip
• 1 Tbsp. peanut oil
• 1 15 oz. can coconut milk
• 1/4 C. chicken stock
• 3 citrus leaves (optional)
• 2 Tbsp. fish sauce or 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
• 3-4 Tbsp. green curry paste
• 1 lb. skinless pheasant breasts, cut in pieces
• 1 to 4 serrano or jalapeno chiles, sliced thin
• 1/2 lb. snow peas
• 1/3 C. chopped Thai basil or cilantro
Heat oil over high heat in wok or large frying pan. Sear onion over high heat, stirring it often, until browned on edges. Salt onion as it cooks. Pour in coconut milk and stock. Fill coconut milk can halfway with water and pour that in, too. If you are not using stock, fill the can all way up and pour whole can into the pan.
Add the citrus leaves if you’re using them, as well as the fish sauce and the curry paste. Bring this to a boil, then simmer it for 15 min. Add the pheasant breast and simmer gently 5 min., then add the chiles and snow peas and simmer another 5-8 min. Stir in the basil or cilantro and serve.