- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. dried marjoram
- 2 tsp. ground dried rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 lb. venison, cut into 1/4” thick strips
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. pita bread, warmed
Whisk together olive oil, cumin, garlic, marjoram, rosemary, oregano, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper in large bowl. Add venison strips; toss to evenly coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
Heat large skillet over med-high heat. Cook venison strips, 1/2 pound at a time, until meat has browned on the outside and is no longer pink on the inside, about 8 min. Serve on warmed pita bread.
- 1/2 C. low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. tahini, (sesame seed paste)
May substitute tahini with Hummus
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 C. chopped flat-leaf parsley
Combine yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, parsley & 1/4 tsp. salt in a med. bowl, refrigerate.